The Teds of War

Wednesday 15 April 2009 21:27

The fourth installment of the Lost Bearings audio sitcom/drama/thing is actually forming quite nicely before my eyes and ears. The title, it has been decided by a vote of one, will be: The Teds of War.

This is continuing the story of Jeb and his flatmate Terry, two sentient teddy bears, getting by in a human world. In Teds of War we find out what happens after the superlatively epic cliffhanger of episode three... but if you haven't heard any of it yet then what happened? Are you okay?

Here, sit down, have a cup of tea, relax and have an ear load of episode one: Beartopia.

I am currently typing this on my old laptop which, bless the poor old bugger, I recorded the first three episodes on. How I coped with that I will never know but I'm sure Jen will tell you some of the words I used in the process.

I am enjoying the process more this time though. Maybe it's working on a PC, maybe it's the new mic, maybe it's the software I'm using, maybe it's because I just love doing this stuff. Whatever it is, it's good!

Have been keeping a vague eye on the world around me as I stare at the ceiling, seeking inspiration for things like a decently warped weatherman voice and suchlike, I find another online sitcom from people that seem to have the right ideas about things like quality and promotion and I'm both hopeful that there's hope and jealous because they're probably cleverer than me.

Worth checking out, it's called Need You Tonight and you can find them on Twitter and facebook (Here).
Will be keeping an eye on how they do and taking notes!

Apart from the joy I get making my own audio offerings, I also get a rather beautiful headache. But in the end I think it's worth it. So, ouch. Happy, happy ouch.

If nothing else, it amused the hell out of the cat.

0 comments: