Reality Block

Monday 13 April 2009 18:27

My arm has been twisted and as I sit here on this really quite dodgy laptop, with a rather remarkably, even more dodgy, "n" key, I finally find myself writing an actual thing as myself.

This is an attempt at keeping track of myself as well as letting anyone else, who may feel it necessary, keep track of what the hecking flip I am doing, working on, thinking, living through and trying to break the "," key in the process, should they so wish.

Breaking the seal, as it were, of this first one was actually quite difficult and as I write this I am thinking that I should probably not write these exact words as it seems rather like I am just thinking out loud rather than producing any content worthy of any eyes that may be perusing this page but I am on a roll now and I haven't used a comma for a while so I think, possibly, that I'm doing rather well. Damn.

What actually prompted this was a desire, a need, a quest perhaps to speak as myself rather than as my bear Jeb or his flatmate Terry or indeed any other of the characters I play in the Lost Bearings audio adventure that I need still to finish.

Speaking of which, I really need to finish that. I have recently had people (that I do not know) comment upon those audios and, thankfully, liking very much but wondering why they mysteriously finished after three short episodes. I have been meaning to finish this little project for ages and now I feel I can do this and stop stalling and just get on and work on this thing that is so much fun it's preposterously stupid the fact that I haven't actually finished it already.

So that's my aim. I will finish this project, three more episodes, and then I can get on and completely stall doing something else at my leisure.

What I need to realise is that some people like some of the things I do and that is something I can't quite understand even though that's what I aim for! I want people to like what I do, that's the point of it after all, but it's always a surprise when they do. I never could take compliments well. So in order to address this problem I shall be resolutely ignoring it slightly and just pretending that everything is fine and there's no need to worry about showing myself up or doing well or any of the things in-between.

Now, what the hell happens in the next episode?

2 comments:

senny dreadful said...

Bing! :) Hello blog. That n key is a bugger, isn't it?

13 April 2009 at 22:08
Marty Perrett said...

It's ot too bad really.

13 April 2009 at 22:17